All resorts at Walt Disney World have a pool – the large spread-out resorts have a bunch of small pools clustered by rooms. Who has the best pool at WDW?
(1) YACHT and BEACH CLUB – these two resorts share Stormalong Bay, a three acre complex with 795,000 gallons of water, a 230-foot long waterslide, a sand-bottom area. A mini-lazy river, and three leisure pools.
(2) PORT ORLEANS – there are five lsisure pools and a Mardi-Gras theme pool, but the star attraction is five acre Ol’ Man Island, a real island with a pool designed like part of a rustic sawmill, with three bridges, a 95-foot slide, and a fishing pier on a river.
(3) SARATOGA SPRINGS – This huge villa complex has Paddock Pool, three leisure pools, and the impressive High Rock Spring Pool, with two gushing waterfalls, a zero depth entryway, and a 128-foot slide built into the rocks.
(4) DOLPHIN and SWAN – these two big resorts share three acres of pools, with a waterfall Grotto pool, two Olympic lap pools, kiddie pool, spring pool, real dining restaurant poolside, and a lake with a white sand beach and rental swan paddle boats.
(5) WILDERNESS LODGE – the heated Silver Creek Springs Pool gets high marks for its location surrounded by pine trees and huge boulders and a stream which includes a 67-foot waterslide built into the terrain. There are kiddle pools and a Hidden Springs Pool.
(6) ANIMAL LODGE – the main pool Uzima Pool is perhaps the most relaxing quiet WDW pool with uits setting of huge canopy trees, gentle slope, and waterslide, but nearby is Uwanja Camp, a children’s waterpark with African theme and Samawai Springs Pool.
(7) CORONADO SPRINGS – there are three quiet pools but the star attraction is the huge Lost City of Cibola with a fifty foot Mayan pyramid (no climbing) and a 123 foot waterslide with a spitting jaguar statue. The Dig Site has WDW’s largest hot tub. Not much shade means real New Mexican tans at this tropical pool.
(8) POLYNESIAN – Beautifully landscaped the Naneu Volcano Pool with its 142-foot waterslide and waterfalls is popular with families while adults snealk off to the tranquil East Pool.
(9) GRAND FLORIDIAN – the large 11,261 Beach Pool has a 181-foot waterslide and cascading waterfalls and a walking bridge. Nearby is the Courtyard Pool. This pool has limited shade.
(10) CONTEMPORARY – The Main Pool overlooks the marina while the round Bay Lake Pool is practically located lakeside. Both pools are out in the open behind the hotel.