Every year twenty million adults WITHOUT KIDS come to Walt Disney World and make it their vacation destination. My wife and I are two of them.
We are of the age that getting jerked around on Dinosaur ot Mission Space is not our cup of tea, but we love Soarin’ and enjoy the silliness of Toy Story Mania.
What are my picks for favorite adult activities at Walt Disney World:
• Eating at the formal but exclusively 60-seat Victoria and Alberts at Grand Floridian.
• Taking a carriage ride along the canals from Port Orleans New Orleans resort.
• Finding eight other people and renting a Fireworks Cruise to see the Epcot fireworks…
If you can’t do that a balcony at the Dolphin top floor Epcot facing wing helps.
“ Dining windowside at California Grill overlooking Magic Kingdom fireworks (closed for expansion)
“ Going on a small group Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom
” A window-side table at Sanaa at the Animal Kingdom Lodge to watch the animals feed and play
• A front row table at Raglan Road in Downtown Disney for a night of Irish music and dance
• (for the healthy) Two hour backwoods Segway tour at Fort Wilderness
• Parasailing from the Contemporary over the Seven Seas Lagoon, as high as Cinderilla’s Castle
• A lagoon-side patio dinner at the Rose and Crown to watch Epcot fireworks