The holiday season is a special time to visit Walt Disney World and visitors who think the parks will be too crowded or filled with angry shoppers are badly mistaken. Here are my reasons why my family always makes a December visit to WDW:
(1) Great weather and manageable crowds are common during this season. With less chance of rain and with temperatures usually in the 60’s and 70’s, cruising the vast facilities is less tiring.
(2) Epcot’s Candlelight processional is spectacular. Guest celebrities like Edward Jamess Olmos and Blair Underwood narrate the action of a massive chorus and 50-piece orchestra that overwealms of the stage at the American Adventure.
(3) The New York Streets at Hollywood Studios are filled with the millions of dancing lights of the Osbourne Family of Arkansas. Besides a man-made snow shower and lots of entertainment, you can purchase “Mickey Mouse Glow Ears” which glow in sync with the music and lights around you.
(4) While the most crowded event, the Magic Kingdom’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party includes the most colorful night parade and fireworks celebrating the holidays.
(5) At Epcot’s World Showcase the holiday traditions (including the New Year) are celebrated at each country with great family activities. I love the Feliz Navidad mariachi band and dancers, the Chinese New Year Lion Dancers, and the Italian Flag street performers.